BioXan Padrón (Galicia, Spain 1969) is a Galician photographer, musician, and composer. As the son of an old-school journalist, Xan Padrón grew up used to being a silent observer who sees things and finds stories everywhere. He received his first camera at the age of 13 from his godfather, a photo-journalist.
As a former professional touring musician who traveled the world with his bass and his camera, Xan Padrón was able to pursue his career as a photographer focused on the people around him.
Padrón’s fascination with time and movement, coupled with an uncanny ability to disappear behind the lens, unnoticed by his subjects, brought him to the realization of how much life happens even at the most seemingly insignificant location of a city. His critically acclaimed Time-Lapse Series (a collection of city portraits through random passersby, started in 2011), has been exhibited at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City, featured on the cover of Saatchi Art's Spring Catalog 2019, and selected for The Other Art Fair in New York City, Chicago, London, Dallas, and Los Angeles.
Padron’s work has been exhibited in Spain, Canada, Israel, and the US and has been published worldwide in book covers, newspapers, magazines, concert programs, posters, and album covers, including the eleventh edition of “Race, Class and Gender in the United States” (MacMillan). Featured in over 1,700 digital kiosks across NYC's five boroughs as part of the #ArtonLink program, Padron’s sociological portraits of cities around the world are now more relevant than ever.
Xan Padrón resides in New York City where he lives and works with his wife, musician, composer, writer, and educator Cristina Pato.
Latest Exhibitions and Art Fairs:
- Art on Paper, NYC. Michelle Mariaud Gallery. March 2020
- PhotoLA. Susan Spiritus Gallery. January 2020
- #ArtOnLink NYC. 1.700+ Link digital kiosks across NYC's five boroughs. January 2020
- CENTER Award Winners Exhibition. Pictura Gallery at the FAR Center for Contemporary Arts. December 2019-February 2020
- The Other Art Fair Dallas. Dallas Market Hall. September 2019
- The Other Art Fair LA. Barker Hangar, Santa Monica, CA. September 2019
- The Other Art Fair London. Handyside Canopy. London, July 2019
- The Other Art Fair Chicago. Mana Contemporary Chicago. May 2019
- The Other Art Fair Brooklyn. Brooklyn Expo Center. May 2019
- The Other Art Fair LA. The Magic Box, LA. March 2019
- Time Lapse, Xan Padrón. United Nations Headquarters, NYC. January - February 2019
- The Other Art Fair. Brooklyn Expo Pavilion, New York. November 2018
- The Other Art Fair LA. Barker Hangar, Santa Monica, CA. October 2018
- The Other Art Fair Chicago. Mana Contemporary Chicago. September 2018
- Xan Padrón | Paintings. The Shayne Gallery, Montreal. July 6-20 2018
- The Other Art Fair. Brooklyn Expo Pavilion, New York. May 2018